Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bring it on: The 60-day blog challenge

Aside from mandatory tasks and college education, I've never finished something I've actually planned to accomplish. Like, finishing a novel. I actually had the title, the introduction, and the end of the story, but the connecting plot is still in the mountains. In fact I've never started anything out of sheer enthusiasm, like collecting a series of books and reading all of them, engaging myself in music for a long time, downloading movies and writing reviews about it and the like. I've never been a fan or an avid collector of sorts. And sometimes I feel not normal for not having such gusto for something. I admire my friend, Jayjay, who's an enthusiast of the reality show Survivor. He's such a fan of the show he memorizes by heart every character of each season. I reiterate, every person in every season including their personality, issues, dilemmas and who won or did not. I wish to be that kind of person one day.

Months ago before I started working, I've seen the movie Julie and Julia. A true to life film starred by two of my favorite Hollywood actresses, Meryl Streep and Amy Adams. The story is about Julie Powell, a blogger, who like I, would want to finish everything she has started. Julie is into cooking and her favorite cook was Julia Child, the pioneer of French cooking. She then decided to challenge herself and cook all of Julia's dish and blog it all off. She called it the Julie/Julia project. For 365 days, she will be cooking 365 dishes. And dis she ever!



I was inspired with that film and have thought, I can do that too! I've also been following a blog of my editor's (Yep, I spent my internship in publishing and Oh, I miss every moment of it) friend. She has this 30-day blog challenge and I must say, I was pretty inspired of the act.

And so, tan-ta-ra-ran...I am challenging myself to do a version of Julie Powell and NY minute's blog. Mine is, uhm, a 60-day blog challenge. A note to myself for the mechanics.

1. Do not open email or any social networking sites, not unless I'm finish writing my blog for the day.
2. Write according to my heart and brain.
3. Each topic should relate values. Okay this sounds really boring. Just write Anything from dusk 'til dawn. Period.
4. No complaining.
5. And lastly, never ever miss a day.


I'm really hoping to finish this, because if not. This just proves that I can't handle self-discipline. So help me God. Cross fingers. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Arianne! Dez to! I've seen this movie! Nakakainspire siya! Hahah! Nakakatuwa yung accent ni Meryl Streep. :p

    Goodluck to your challenge dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haloo Dez! hahaha! Sobrang love ko si Meryl Streep dun :) Medyo bitin lang yung ending.

    and with the challenge, I should say I'm average, so far! Hahaha! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete