Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wisdom for today

Day 6 of the 60-day blog challenge.

It's the first weekend of the month. Hooray! I wasn't crossed to SQ today so after our flight, I headed to the lounge to knock off. I could not sleep. Good thing I brought my sister's stash of magazines from home and decided to read it as I was killing time.

While reading, I felt like I hit a sore spot. Yes. Yes. Yes. I miss the magazine. I miss working for Cosmo. I miss my creative juices working for OK! I miss the Summit Media office. I miss my editors most especially in OK! mag.

See, I have a problem. I'm a graduate of broadcast journalism. I have dreams of swinging the ropes of media, may it be in TV, radio, or magazine. I have always pictured myself working for it. But after graduation, I wanted to take some time off. I wanted to take a break because I felt like I grew tired of writing. I felt like my eye bags grew tired of my sleepless nights due to productions and editing. I felt like my body grew tired of the stress, the deadlines, and demanding production matters. And so I took a detour. But I know that deep inside my heart of hearts, writing still runs in my blood.

Maybe I'm just not into it, right now. Like a man who's been loyal to his first love but felt something like he's never experienced before, with another woman.

As what I was saying, I stumbled upon a magnificent wisdom while reading. And it perfectly defines what shall I do and feel about my present condition.

As my editor in my OJT days put it, "We encourage you to own the changes in your life- bitter or sweet- and use them to make your life more amazing. We believe in the power of makeovers. They can pluck you out of being boring, depressed, or ordinary, and make you fun, fearless, and fantastic."

I was really inspired with this part. To be honest, I am indifferent to where I am right now. I am somewhere in between of sad and happy but not as lovely as what I felt when I was in media. However, I won't let my sadness eat my abilities. I'll make this change work for me. I'll make myself a best person out of this work, which I neither love or hate. I'll make this work to make myself amazing, fun, fearless, and fantastic.


Here's to all fantastic women who can pull everything off despite and inspite of!

No comments:

Post a Comment