Monday, August 2, 2010

There's something about Charice

First day of the 60-day blog challenge.

For today, I haven't done anything except for two things; eating and sleeping. Today's my off so I might as well eat and sleep and eat and sleep to keep my sanity on its normal level.


By now, I know everybody know's Charice biggest break ever. Yes, our very own 18-year old Charice Pempengco, whose killer vocals amazed the world, is going to star on Glee. Isn't that fantabulous? When I learned about it, and when Charice confirmed that, I was like "Shocks, Charice is going to star on Glee. Singing with Rachel and Finn. Oh my God." I was so envious. Heee. :)

Yes, you are seeing it right. I am with no other than Charice! :)

The picture above was taken back during my OJT days in Cosmo magazine. I helped out on the photo shoot that day for the Fun fearless female awardees of Cosmo and Charice was included on the list. Vis-a-vis, I can't believe that our home grown talent is turning 18 then. I still saw her as that child who didn't win the singing contest in ABS-CBN. But that didn't stop her from pursuing her goal. Soon enough she conquered YouTube, The Ellen Degeneres show, Oprah and a lot to mention. In short, she became an international hit.

Well, I can attest that she really deserves it. She is a star. Charice was very professional. I know she was so tired from chains of concerts abroad but during that photo shoot for Cosmo, she was so energetic and so much fun to be with. I remember how giggly she was. It was a back to back photoshoot with two of Summit Media's mags, Candy and Cosmo. When it was Cosmo's turn, we can't see any trace of laziness and primadonna attitude. The shoot was like a mini concert. Charice was singing and dancing and immitating Beyonce and we were like the members of her fan clubs enjoying her litle private show. Charice was such a real diva. Her voice was magnificent. Even if the time has exceeded for the shoot, we didn't hear anything from her. Of course her manager and mother reminded us from time to time and we did expedite the whole thing. I was listening from her manager's stories and when I learned how hectic Charice's schedule was, oh I felt lucky how easy as a breeze my life was. Yes, it pays to be famous.

Oh well, I'm anything but excited. I'm very happy and proud for Charice and for our country. Another Filipino talent wowed the world. Another Filipino proves the world how ingeniuous and talented we are. Go Charice! I'm so proud of you, and so our countrymen. Mabuhay ka!

FYI, you can see the behind the scenes of the photo shoot here. Browse the gallery and scroll to the two last pictures and tada, there I was. Yes it's me. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment