Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Four years...and beyond!

Day 3 of the 60-day blog challenge.

As you can see from my previous post, I was struggling to blog so as not to break the challenge. Forgive me for the non-sense blahs, incorrect spelling and, some wrong grammar on the sides. Hee.

Yep, yesterday was our anniversary. Yok Han and I celebrated our 4th year of being a couple without a bouquet of roses, no fancy dinner in an expensive restaurant and without exchange gifts. Yes, I am not happy to say that we are both broke. This is the truth. But I am not ashamed neither. It always happen to someone's life wherein he only has a few in his pocket but so much in his heart.

Surprisingly, we had a meaningful celebration. See, if you just have gotten out of a fight and you'll be celebrating your anniversary anytime soon, you'll feel like you've survived a big hurdle on your road. Yok Han and I attended mass. We prayed for the blessings God gave us, for the courage He provided us to continuously put up with each other, and the love He's giving us. We really felt thankful for the past four years we've been together. We fought, cried, made up, learned, and laughed with each other. We prayed that God will continue to guide us throughout the years to come. It's unexplainable, but when you can tell just by the look in his eyes, the touch of his hands, the warmth of his hug, and the sweetness of his kiss that he's the one you want, and love, and cherish, you'll pray to God for that love to last. You would want the universe to conspire with your love, to make your world as one and, to make each day shine with your love. And that's exactly what I did.

After mass, Yok Han and I ate out. We feasted our starved stomachs in El Pollo Loco, known for its crazy Mexican chicken. I must say their crunchy beef taco was delicioso! Yok han finished his meal and gave up with the burrito, hee. :) We went home, gave each other body massage, sang our hearts out, and chatted the night away.

You were there when I hit rock bottom and when I was on top of the rainbow. Now, I want to be the person who'll fill your dreams and make it all come true. I can't promise sunshine and butterflies, and lullabies. I know my game plan has always been rough and not steady, but if you will just stay with me until the end, I'll promise you that our journey through life is all worth risking.

Happy 4 years of love, understanding, patience, happiness, and life. I love you to the core!


Here's a picture of us during our summer in Venetian, Macau.
The gondolier said a couple should kiss under
the bridge for good luck!
I bet this kiss will bring us all the luck in the world eh? :)
I love you, ever mine, ever ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment