Monday, August 16, 2010

Not just another manic Monday (because it was a rest day!)

Day 10 of the 60-day blog challenge.

How did you spend your Monday?

I spent it by waking up so late, around 10 in the morning. I made my bed, got up, and ate tortang giniling and golden fried rice cooked by my Mom. While enjoying home-cooked breakfast, I was listening to Barbara Streisand's greatest hits like Woman in love, I finally found someone, People, and You don't bring me flowers as played by Mama.

Papa, Mama and I are eating, in the same table, at the same time. I felt like it's been years since we had breakfast together. We chatted our lives off, told them some progress about my application, while they were giving me advices at work. Papa blurted out, "Masaya na ako kasi nagbunga ang pinaghirapan namin, hindi nasayang." I don't want to be sentimental that early so I just smiled. And in my mind, I was very overwhelmed. I told them what my plans are when I'm working abroad. I just want the best for my parents, my family. I already had the plans drawn.

This afternoon, I watched Kick-Ass. Oh, I know I'm tons late to react but I'd just like to say that it's so damn good. And to say that is an understatement. I have new favorite super heroes, Kick-Ass and Hit Girl. Poor thing Big Daddy died but it always happens, the good ones die early, and yes it sells!

Tomorrow I'm off to work again. And it seems like it'll take longer than I expected for my 'new work' to ask me to bid adieu to my KLM family. Patience dear, God knows the right time for everything.

Have a good week folks!

1 comment:

  1. Dez! The best ang kick-ass. Super. Can't find the right words to describe how epic the movie was. I want to watch it again :) Maybe this weekend uli! hahaha!

    Hay, I want to share what's happening with my life now, pero siguro tsaka na! Para di ma-jinx! Hahahaha! God is so good to those who wait :) go lang tayo ng go!

    ReplyDelete