Sunday, August 15, 2010

Gimme back my Sundays!

Day 9 of the 60-day blog challenge.

See, I enjoy my job. Time flies so fast. Adrenaline rush drives me to go beyond my limit. I meet a lot of people from different places all over the world everyday. I wake up, work, eat, go home, and work doesn't follow me nor bothers me when I'm around the house.

Perhaps the only thing I don't like about my work is that I work every weekends. I take my off at work every weekdays. Mondays to be exact. Sometimes, I feel sad that everyone is in their house taking their day's off in a Sabbath day while I have to get up from my sweet slumber and work my ass off. Boo.

Today, I spent my Sunday, well of course at work, and went to mass in the evening with Papa, Ate Ghelai, Sherwin, and their adorable kid Shannen. I was so sleepy and dizzy but I was the one who suggested Pop to go to the church so I have to walk my talk no matter what. Besides, I was having a bad day at work and I figured it's the exact place to go for my retreat. Plus, I owe Him lots of thank you prayers.

I miss my Sundays. There's a lot of things I used to do before, especially during Sundays. I used to have so much time during weekends. Sunday is a family day. When we were young and whinny, my parents used to take us to the church every Sunday and have dinner at Jollibee or McDonalds after wards.

When we were still in Manila, we used to go to a very cozy pancake house (it's beside Sta. Cruz church) after the mass where I play with the statue horses while I lick maple syrup on my fingers. I miss my childhood days when my parents used to have more time for us. I guess the more you grow up and the more responsibilities you have, the less time for pleasure or even some time off from serious stuff. Since my parents started paying college tuition, we seldom go to church.

Back to my hullabaloo, after church we ordered food in McDonalds and took it to eat at home. Today was a bitter sweet day. Again, thank you God for the blessing. I wish you'll add more blessing by giving back my weekends' off. Or I just have to wait until the end of the month for a whole week of rest in preparation for 'that'. :)

Now, I'm off to hug my bed. Good night everyone. Sweet dreams. Don't let the bed bugs bite. Zzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment