Friday, September 24, 2010

Glee returns (and so the Gleeks!)

There are a lot of things I am happy about right now but what makes me perfectly happy is the return of my favorite musical show- Glee!

After almost three months of airtime vacay,
Glee is back, with a whole lot more!


As soon as I knew the what-about of it's Philippine premier, I immediately marked it at my calendar and even set the alarm 30 minutes before the telecast. Yep, call me a gleek! I watched the first episode and I must say I had spent an hour of good TV watching Glee! Even if I slept for less than 5 hours and went on duty for work, it's okay as long as I listen to Glee's playlist the next day. :)


Here's Rachel and Finn as an onscreen couple in the second ep.
Rachel lost weight and it's very apparent since her flabs are seen elsewhere on the first ep.
Plus, she's got a new look with her full bangs and mahogany-colored do.
Well, Finn, is still Finn except that he's no longer a quarterback.
I wonder what will he do to get out of the 'loser' shadow eh?


For this season, the couple gained maturity.
But, Rachel's narcissism is still on sky high notes (evident on what she did to Sunshine on the premier ep).
I wonder how Finn will put up with Rachel's craziness.
Another breakup, anyone?


Back to back.
Quinn has given birth, and she's regained herself as the head of the Cheerios.
Meanwhile, Artie is heartbroken. Tina dumped her because of the other Asian guy.

(Forgive me if that just sounded racist, but it's not. I just forgot his name)


Glee's new beast. There can only be one queen in a palace. Would that be Sue? Or the Beast perhaps?

Did I mention Charice is in the house?
Yep folks, Charice is in the house!


I loved Glee ever since it started and even before Charice stepped in. I understand why too much fuss was created because our very own Pinay homegrown talent is conquering the top musical show in Tinseltown. It's super! But with or without Charice, I'm still a fan. :)

I felt awkward watching Charice. I guess it's because of her excessive smiles. Perhaps why she was named Sunshine because her character should be sunny and lively.

But, I really think her smiles are over the top. Hee ;p It's like, she's overwhelmed to act and sing with Rachel and be seen in Hollywood TV and she can't hold herself from too much happiness and excitement. If you've seen that part where they had a mini showdown of Lady G's Telephone, Rachel was very eager to outshine Sunshine. I can feel it in her face, the diction of her words, the strength of her jaw and the direction of her lips. On the opposite, Charice was all smiles while singing leaving me confused how she was feeling all throughout their showdown. Plus, too many hand movements! Too many hand movements! When she sang "Listen" as her audition piece at the auditorium, she just threw her hands and shoulders in the air in between her inhales and exhales. Again, over the top. I'm sorry but I just have to say. :)

Anyhoo, aside from that everything was crystal clear perfect! Her voice was stunning! Her diction was American! And she looked pretty! So pretty! Charice is a diva, a real shining diva!


Well, I'm just happy Glee is back! And I'm looking forward to my Wednesday nights and some slushie with the gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment