Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Work and all that stuff

I do things differently.

I wear socks and brush petroleum jelly on my feet before I sleep. I eat the sides of the sandwich first before I finish it all up. I roll each piece of clothing every time I pack so it would fit perfectly inside my luggage. I fix my own closet and knows the exact location of my favorite black cardigan even when my eyes are closed. I can take responsibility for my own happiness. I can be happy on my own and a lot of things to add on this list.

At work, I also do things differently. I try not to mess up, and if ever, I make it sure I clean my own clutter. I don't blame someone for it neither depend for others to save my ass from a work's fiasco. I kiss ass not because I have to but because I love my job I am ready to suck all the monsters and bad dreams my job has. Yeah, I can be a sucker. I ask myself what's in it for me and if I find more 'none' than ''on the other hand', I am sure to quit. ASAP. Also, I try my very best to befriend all my colleagues not to stick to them for promotion but because I want to establish a good camaraderie with them. Sometimes, I can be anti-social but when the boat starts to sail, I could be their best ride ever.

On the other hand, I am sure a giver. I am not stingy for advices and help. I even volunteer for the dirty-works and the nitty-gritty part of the job. I am not secretive when sharing information and I would always want to learn in group. Yes, I am definitely a team-player.

I'm blogging all of this because I want to let something off my chest. There's just this someone from, er, work that irks me the most. If you happen to come across my blog, which I doubt because I actually know you hate reading, I just want to give you some reminders, for your own good.

1. Do.not.Compete.with.ME. Because I actually don't think of you at work. I don't care if you're better or weaker than me, I prefer the latter, but for god's sake. Every time I hear you speak about comparing yourself to me, I might turn into a lose cannon. Tempreance, I know.

2. I won't trust you anymore. Period. I tried to be good to you but you haven't been nice to me. I hope everyone knows how bad, bad, bad you are.

3. Do you know the meaning of the words shut up? Because I think you ain't have any clue. To make it sound sweet and good...I will quote from a song, "You say it best, when you say nothing at all."

4. Please, don't bother anyone with your self-centered self. Everyone experiences the same post and everyone of us makes it through without s whine. Except you. Grow up. No one would always be there for you or will take after you.

5. Throw me all the garbage you have. Throw me all the insecurity you have. Throw me all the frustrations you have. Because really, the hell I care. The law of the garbage truck says...

Many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of ang
er, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it. If you let them, they’ll dump it on you. When someone wants to dump on you, don’t take it personally. You just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. You’ll be happy you did.

6. Save yourself honey, stop playing user-friendly. Because it stinks. And take note of my mantra, I try to be always good. Whatever the situation is, I don't bite. But I am not a doormat either.

No comments:

Post a Comment