Sunday, July 11, 2010

The joys of first pay day




Disclaimer: There will be no figures declared in any part of this blog due to...uhm, well, I might burst your bubble. Hee.

Oh! I've got my first salary. The feeling is nice actually. I felt like I can live alone without any support from my parents, buy a car or a beautiful house with a spacious garden or put up a salon and spa. Okay scratch the last idea, but seriously, I felt independent. It's like I've reached a certain point in my life where I leave every immaturity, tantrums, petty fights, and childhood cries behind. It's like embarking on another phase of my life where I am held responsibly for every actions, and of course, for every expenses I am going to make. It really felt special when the polished and crisped bills I worked for a week or two landed on my bony hands. It feels good knowing that you get paid for working hard, or maybe not really. This is my initiation to the real world, I think.

Anyways, here's what I spent with my measly pay. Lol.

1. I bought cosmetics! Because I always have to look good, I've purchased Mary Kay Blush on and Liquid Foundation from a good friend.
Then I can be beautiful...
With these stash. I wish I could complete this, but I'm such a Clinique gal. (Sorry no actual pics)


2. Chocolate cake for everyone in the family.
Imagine this because the cake was all gone before I can take a shot ;p

3. And of course, of course...I gave some moolah to my Mama and Papa. It's a different feeling of, not pride but proud, that after soo many years of my parents' financing my needs, I can now actually repay them for everything, albeit in just small ways and, small amounts. Although they are not asking me nor oblige me to give them a portion of my pay, I feel like it's the right thing to do. I feel happy with the fact that it's now my turn to give them. I know everything they gave me could not be paid by money, but I'm sure I could put a down payment on it. :)


The rest of my measly pay, well, is sitting inside my wallet. And waiting for their friends until the next pay day.


2 comments:

  1. I remember how I felt during my first payday! Waaahh. Such an ecstatic feeling. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vea, just read your comment. Ang saya di ba? :) tas ngayon, I always look forward to paydays, hahaha! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete