Saturday, April 3, 2010

The birthday post

Today is April 3.
Today is a black Saturday.
Today is I-pad D-day...
and today is my birthday!

I feel old, not because of my age but of some changes. I used to look forward to summer. Aside from it's the month of my birthday, summers are sembreak from the whole year-round of schooling. It's a refresher. As I celebrate my birthday I fly away from paperworks and school loads. I get off the beach or elsewhere-- unwind, swim, party and get crazy.

Starting this year summer will look differently to me. As I celebrate my birthday, I won't look forward to a new semester, new professors and get reunited with my bestest friends. Summer will mean another month of workload, paychecks and maybe, if lucky, a week's vacay! Sounds not collegey eh?

Oh well, as my friend told me, I have to grow up as I age up. And the ranting will stop here.

Insert thankful here instead.

I am thankful for the 21 years that our good Lord have provided me good health, wealth, peace of mind, education and for a supportive, loving and caring family.I am thankful for all the best things in life he gave me and my family, and all the worst things in life that have made me an insightful, cautious and decisive person. I am really thankful because I am surrounded with lovely people who are always there to love, teach and guide me as I create my life. I am thankful for my parents who always make both ends meet for our siblings' needs. I could never be where I am right now and I could never be this person if it weren't for you. I love you. Thank you to my sisters and my Lola, to my cousins and family in and out of the country who keep on believing on me, even if at times I don't believe on myself.

I am soo thankful to Yok Han, my future love, who continuously put up with me, no matter what, who gives me so much love sometimes I can't contain and felt that I deserve it the least, for loving me albeit my tantrums are out of this world, for inspiring me to be better and wiser, for teaching me that I can't be always right, and for the constructive criticisms you comment on me now and then. I love you to bits.

To everyone who greeted me, thank you and God bless your beautiful soul. To God, thank you and I will not lose my faith on you. I pray for more blessings for my family, good health, long life and outpouring love. I pray that our Hong Kong trip will be safe and sound until we come back here. I'm not as happy as a bee perhaps because I'm not with my family. But I know I will have a very good time with Yok Han and his siblings. Someday, we can travel altogether Ma and Pa. I will provide and God will :)

Now, all my bags are packed and I'm ready to go! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment