Thursday, March 31, 2011

Travelog: In search of the Marcos' Swiss account

Nice layover in a very nice place! I was given 50 hrs layover in Geneve, Switzerland and I'm flying with a Filipina so I was very happy!

Whenever I ask my colleagues what to do in Geneve, they look at me, no, they just stare at me blankly. I know there's nothing interesting to do in Geneve like there's no Eiffel tower to visit nor world-famous landmarks plus it's super expensive there. But I like the idea that there's nothing much to do there because the city is so peaceful quiet and calm as if it was resigned from the world. You can enjoy the place on its own.

We arrived at 4:oo in the afternoon in Geneve and we just changed clothes and my colleague and I went out to chill. It was her third time to Geneve so she knows the place well. Walking across the bridge was scary, as I was taking picture, I felt it shaking! It was scary and fun! Hee!


Maxine and I had our early dinner at the golden arches, enjoyed their salad, chicken wrap and potato wedges. Yum! Then we continued walking around the old town. It was getting dark and I've noticed that the shops close too early, like 7pm! Max also told me that during weekends, all the shops are closed and you can count the people who are out in the streets. It sounds like they are home-buddies eh?

We decided to grab some booze in a mini market and drink at the hotel room and oh boy, I missed beer! I miss beer! Yes, I miss beer! :P

The epic Saint Omer! Wow!

Yes, we're drunk!
After our drinking session and exchange of funny stories, my head was glued on the pillow as soon as Max went to her room. I was beaten, tired, knocked out!

The next day,was the tour day. The weather was perfect, as if it was warmed up for us. It was sunny and cold at the same time.

Before we get to abuse our legs for walking :P, max suggested to eat at Le Relais de Venise – L'Entrecôte. It's the famous steak house which started in Paris. See, I'm not a steak person but when I saw that there's a line, yes, a line of people waiting to get in the steak house, I was curious and hungry as well and gave it a try! My stomach was in for it!

The best vinegrette salad dressing ever! Yummy lettuce and walnut salad!

Oh my, it's heaven in a bun! Crispy sides of the bread but the inside is tender and yum! One bite, and I'm in love with Entrecote!

My steak, medium well done, with the fries, in delicious chicken liver sauce. And oh, did I say that the fries was the best fries I've ever tasted?

I didn't regret spending too much in food because it was worth it! Yes, it was expensive and worth it! We were so full what we ate was enough for dinner. Lol!

After that very filling brunch, Max and I explored the town.







Bought some Swiss souvenirs


And lots of Swiss chocolates!

The conclusion: I haven't found Marcos' swiss account! But I have found how beautiful Geneve is!


No comments:

Post a Comment