Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I owe my blog so many posts already

My apologies for neglecting my blog as if it died a natural death. Oh well, I’m sorry.

So here are the deets of how I went from jolly-molly to MIA. When I last scribbled my thoughts here, see this, I was in shock. Have you ever felt confused and coward to move forward when the moment you’ve waited for so long just landed in front of your doorstep? If you haven’t, God bless you, but if you had you might get my drift

Hesitant and halfhearted for my sudden departure, I packed my bags and left my heart in Dasma.

It’s been four months now since I left my great life in Manila. Yes, I’m now a flight attendant living somewhere in the Kingdom of the Middle East. I’m already done with my training and I’m up in the air almost every day. Well, I was supposed to post this during my training but due to my crazy schedule, it never happened ;p. But if you ask me how it was, twas one of the craziest roller coaster ride of my life.

Being away and living away from my family is crazy. Living in a flat with people I barely know is crazy. Doing house chores I’ve never done myself before is crazy. Waking up every morning to put on my make-up and don the FA’s uniform is crazy. Training myself to be poised and confident is way crazy from the klutz that I am. Okay, to sum it up I’ve been crazy and mad for the first four months. Hee.

Everything now is different. Even my choices on what to buy for groceries and what to cook for dinner make for a difference. No one is responsible for myself now but me. No one will look after me, only me.

On the brighter side I am learning. I am getting used to the ropes and I am establishing myself here in the dessert. I am learning to cope up with different people, from different cultures. I am helping myself to be stronger, tougher and wiser.

Even though life here is hard for me and I’m still adjusting, I know everything will fall in its place soo, in God’s will, in Shaala.

Bye for now, I have a flight to catch and I’m back to base later. Will post more blogs soon. J

2 comments: